Next Event- February 27th, 2017
Women’s International Forum
Follow us on twitter: @WIF_UN
Facebook: Women’s International Forum
The Women’s International Forum
is pleased to present Yann Borgstedt in a talk
“Why Men should Invest in Women”
Date: Monday February 27, 2017
Time: 1:15- 2:30 p.m.
Venue: UNHQ Conference Room 4, GA Building
Womanity includes within its projects the first radio exclusively for and by women in the Middle East called Radio “Nissaa”. It has supported one of Afghanistan’s largest girls’ school – The Al Fatah School in Kabul, Afghanistan to become a model of excellence in education and launched “School in a Box – Advancing Girls’ Education in Afghanistan”. In 2014, Womanity launched it’s newest project, the Womanity Award. The world’s only award created specifically to champion innovations which are tackling violence against women.
Yann is on the board of the EDGE Certifier, a Swiss foundation working in partnership with the World Economic Forum, committed to creating a world where men and women are equally valued and respected in all aspects of economic, political and social life. He has recently received the BNP Paribas award for individual Philanthropy.
Please RSVP by Wednesday February 22, 2017
Need a Ground Pass?
- To obtain a pass, please reply to our email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a Voicemail tel.
1 (212-963-3112) Last name and first name.
- Please send your check for guest fees ($10 per guest) to the Women’s International Forum, One UN Plaza, DC 1-0648, United Nations, New York, NY 10017 by Tuesday February 21, to be able to include them in the security list!
- Ground Passes should be picked up from WIF Members the day of the program on 46 Street, Visitor´s Entrance to the UN, from 12:30 p.m. – 1:05 p.m.
- Photo identification will be required to receive a Ground Pass
- Kindly be on time because after 1:05 p.m. the board members will enter the building and there will be no one at the entrance gate to give you a pass for this event.
Women’s International Forum (WIF)
Sofia Herrera Cubillo (Costa Rica) President, Pamela Jacovides (USA), Malini Nambiar (India), Anna van Oosterom (the Netherlands), Sonia de Meza-Cuadra (Peru), Miriam Khiari (Tunisia), Tanya Rattray (Jamaica), Dace Mazeika (Latvia), Faika Zaki (Egypt), Ingrid Ružičková (Slovakia), Lista Damayanti Djani (Indonesia), Manipreet Tina Kaur Koonjul (Mauritius).